Similar to its siblings, the W700 features FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification, which is a requirement for civilian and military U.S. federal agencies.
Windows To Go is an enterprise feature of Windows 8.1 that lets people be productive from almost any computer by inserting the Windows To Go USB drive into any compatible PC of their choice. An organization’s corporate image, operating system, applications and data are all contained on the Microsoft-certified IronKey Workspace USB drive. The host PC boots completely off the Windows To Go drive using local resources such as monitors, CPUs and network connections. The drive can be centrally managed and offers remote wipe features to protect against loss and theft. The Windows To Go solution is ideal for mobile workers, teleworkers and contractors and allows employees to use their home PCs for work.
“Enterprise users are experiencing new possibilities in mobile productivity with Windows To Go, and they’re implementing the technology in many exciting ways,” said Stella Chernyak, senior director, Windows Commercial Marketing, Microsoft Corp. “It’s great to see Imation offering a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified device, like the IronKey Workspace W700, that can help government agencies and other highly regulated industries take advantage of Windows To Go.”
Features and benefits of IronKey Workspace W700:
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 full device certification for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support for CAC/PIV, enabling active-duty military personnel, government employees and federal contractors to unlock their IronKey Workspace W700 devices with their issued smart cards and gain seamless authentication to their desktops.
- Ruggedized, waterproof drives, according to military standards (MIL-STD-810F), with a virtually indestructible metal casing that protects against physical damage and has sealed components that defend against tampering.
- Superior speed, with more than five times the minimum read/write performance required for Windows To Go Microsoft-certified devices.
- Support for a wide variety of hardware environments including PCs, some tablets and Macs (support for Macs is provided by Imation).
- Military-grade security with hardware-based AES-256 bit encryption and strong authentication to keep data safe and secure.
- Ease of use for an IT provisioned, managed and secured workspace infrastructure that includes a start-up assistant that helps configure the computer system for automatic USB boot to Windows To Go, an easy-to-understand end-user interface and self-help options with links to useful webpages.
- A range of capacity options (32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB).